An authentic, beautiful smile can change your life. People who smile are seen as more confident, positive, and friendly. If you have avoided smiling because you are self-conscious of your teeth or lips, it is time to fix your smile. Here are three things you can do to feel more confident.
1. Visit a cosmetic dentist. While you can visit a regular dentist, they may not be aware of all of the procedures available for your teeth. If you have ever been nervous about your smile, it is worth a trip to a specialist. They may send you to an orthodontist first if you need braces. Cosmetic dentists specialize in the following services:
- porcelain veneers
- professional teeth whitening
- restorative dentistry
- dental bridges (if you are missing teeth)
- teeth straightening
- bonding techniques
There are lots of payment options and it may not be nearly as expensive as you would expect to get the service you want. Consider searching the term "cosmetic dentistry fayetteville nc" in an Internet browser to find a business near you.
2. Whiten your teeth.
- Mix baking soda with lemon juice and brush it into your teeth. Leave for one minute and remove.
- Mash three strawberries and add a dash of salt. Apply the mixture to your teeth and leave for seven or eight minutes. Wash it off.
- Use a toothpaste that specifically states it will whiten your teeth.
- Get your teeth professionally whitened.
- Be careful with items that will stain teeth, like coffee, wine, soy sauce, balsamic vinaigrette, tea, tomato sauce, and some berries. Swish with water, drink with straws, and brush your teeth after you eat these foods.
3. Take care of your lips. Since your lips are also a big part of your smile, give them some extra attention now and then.
- Avoid licking your lips. While it may feel good, your saliva will then evaporate and leave them dry.
- Breathe through your nose. When you breathe through your mouth the dry air will suck the moisture right out of your lips.
- Use the correct products. Beeswax, paraffin, and petroleum jelly are good for your lips. Menthol, fragrances, salicylic acid, and camphor can dry out your lips.
- Exfoliate your lips. Mix one tablespoon of brown sugar with some olive oil. Vigorously scrub your lips for one minute to remove the dead skin. Wipe clean and apply some lip balm.
- Do lip exercises. Did you know that doing some exercises can increase the blood flow to your lips and make them look healthier? Do a few every day and you will soon notice a difference!
As you do these three things, you will feel more confident in the way you look when you smile. Good luck!